My Home Page
Welcome to Miss Gorsline's Website!
My email address is Vgorsline@antioch34.com. Please feel free to contact me with any ideas, questions, or concerns.
We are a team to ensure your child's success in 4th Grade! If you would like to have a phone conference, we can set up a time!
POLICIES AND INFORMATION
- I allow students to borrow one of my library books at a time, and bring them home if they wish. Our school library is also open most of the time for students to check out and return books. They are allowed 2 library books at a time from the school library. We will have a designated time each week to go to the library media center, and students can also go down to check out books almost any day during independent work time if needed.
- HOMEWORK If your child is struggling to complete homework, please let me know (or he/she can let me know) so I can help. Please feel free to stop a homework assignment if there is major frustration or if it is taking too long. (For example, 20 minutes on math homework is plenty of practice time.) I also encourage daily reading. I know daily reading is not always possible for some due to schedules and life, so we will be setting goals to read a given number of pages or books per week/month. Please contact me with any homework concerns... I am flexible and open to discussion about this topic. One of my ultimate goals is that your child develops a love of learning!
- This year I will be using GOOGLE CLASSROOM as a main source of communication with students. Parents and guardians can access it by opening that app on their iPad.
- Our ELA Program is Savvas myView. This program blends reading, writing, and language in a workshop model through texts and lessons. We will also use Lexia as a supplement to enrich ELA at the child's instructional level. It is possible for students to complete all of the levels in the Lexia program.
- Our MATH resource is Eureka Math. The setting will be a combination of whole group, small group, and independent work time. The workbook/homework pages are available on the Math Page of my website. Click here to view the resource online: Eureka Math Parent Tips for Each Module We will also use ST Math for practice with 4th Grade skills. ST Math
- Our SCIENCE resource is Amplify. Click here to view the resource: Amplify Science
- We will be using a program called Second Step for SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL lessons throughout the year. I follow the lessons in the order they are listed on this document under 4th grade: Second Step Scope and Sequence
- For SOCIAL STUDIES, our main focus throughout this year will be Financial Literacy, Illinois/Chicago, and Government.