Degrees and Certifications:
Masters: MA in Teaching Masters: Education Leadership K-12 Grade Administrative Certificate Computer Applications, PLTW AR ELA, Science Endorsements Bachelor's Degree : University of Wisconsin - Whitewater Master's Degree: Aurora University, Illinois
Google Classroom Trimester 2: (Class Codes)
p1 Computer Applications 7th Grade: qoqj5i7
p2/p7 PLTW/Robotics 8th Grade: sxcbj26
p3/p8 Ed. Tech - Digital Citizenship and Apps 6th Grade: fqgvflp
P4b Success Class 6th Grade: 5e3onvf
The Zoom Meeting link is always located on the Google Classroom website in the Stream section. We will meet virtually every school day for instruction through Zoom. You must be logged in to Zoom to access our meeting.
In Google Classroom click on the Classwork Link to find assignments and announcements. Post a question, or positive comment in the streaming section of Google Classroom.
Remote Learning Schedule (class meeting times are listed on Google Classroom)
Requirements: Students are required to have a computer device, internet, connection to Wi-Fi, external earbuds or headset with microphone for this class. Please also have a notebook (spiral or digital) for this course to take notes every day.
Welcome to my classroom website! Students have the most current access to PLTW class information/ rubrics/ assignments through the Google Classroom Websites and in their online book. ( Project Lead the Way curriuculum items can not be posted online due to copywrite law).
This site has general information about Project Lead the Way and other courses that I teacher. Students also have videos, rubrics, and learning information on the Google Classroom Site. Students have the username and password for pltw site and can see lessons, powerpoints, watch videos and check information there. This website is more for contact information and PLTW overview. Please check both sites for more class resources and communication.
Grading for PLTW and Computer Application Courses follows AUGS grading policy of 20% practice, 40% Formative and 40% Summative. Please see AUGS grading policy for details. Homework will be posted for the PLTW class ONLY on the google classroom sites. My class introductions are also there. The Google Classroom Sites are always up to date. I put most everything on them to not confuse the students with multiple sites.
Zoom not working, it may be that the teacher has not started the meeting yet. If students are early they may have to wait for the teacher. They may not be done with one class and the next class will have to wait until all students are dismissed.
Students may have to be patient. If you are experiencing a problem with Zoom, please log in using the Google Meets link at the top of our Google Classroom. It is the video camera icon. Join the same Zoom meeting for teacher office hours between 1:00 and 2:00 pm every day. Please let the teacher know if you will need one-to-one assistance on classwork. The teacher can meet with you to explain how to go through step-by-step instruction on all assignments and projects.
Updates to families, please encourage them to keep their iPads plugged in and ON overnight – our Mobile Device Management (MDM) is set to push any updates that occur automatically at 10:00pm every night (only if there is an app update).
To ask a question or comment to Ms. Cruz please email or post it on the Google Classroom Website.
Encore Course Descriptions: Ed. Tech/Computer Encore Courses Offered at AUGS
6th Grade: EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY: DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP & APPLICATIONS
Students will explore different digital applications while focusing on the concepts of digital citizenship and safety with engaging and empowering activities on the computer. The knowledge shared will help students become more efficient, respectful and responsible users of technology. Students will also participate in daily keyboarding activities practicing accuracy and speed with an online account.
7th Grade: Computer Applications
This course will develop multimedia skills by introducing them to a variety of digital tools. Students will learn about blogs, podcasts, and web design. The focus is on building visual literacy skills and applying those skills to digital presentations. Students will be developing an electronic portfolio along with creating projects with video production tools.
8th Grade: PLTW/Robotics
Students trace the history, development, and influence of automation and robotics as they learn about mechanical systems, coding, energy transfer, machine automation, and computer control systems. Students use the VEX Robotics® platform to design, build, and program real-world objects. This is a course in the series of PLTW (Project Lead The Way) The class covers engineering concepts, coding, robotics and their use in the world, programming and hands on work. STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Internet Safety and Ethics
- Explore how to be safe on the internet, understand cyberbullying and its consequences
- Digital Citizenship, Respect the rights of copyright owners, Treat others with respect online
- Define and use computer related terminology
- Online free applications provided by the district through a student log in system
- Google Drive Applications for individual assignments, group projects, and communication
WORD PROCESSING/WEBSITE DESIGN
- Explain the purpose of a word processor
- Manipulate text (insert, delete, align, change fonts, style, size, color)
- Create, add and alter graphics
- Edit documents (thesaurus function and spell check)
- Change document layout (margin, page orientation, spacing, blank lines)
- Use a variety of graphic tools
- Compose a word processing document
- Identify the purpose and uses of presentation software
- Demonstrate understanding of the tools of software programs and their uses
- Demonstrate understanding of modification of background appearance
- Import and edit graphics (resize and move)
- Demonstrate understanding of text fields
- Add movies and sounds to projects
- Create a project and save it
- Present work to the class
- Learn how to gather and report information that contains or is related to a specific topic
- How to avoid plagiarism and how to put the sources in the appropriate format
- Develop and implement various sets of instructions
- Learn how to instruct a computer to do a certain task
- Automation and Robotics
- Mechanical Systems
- Design Process
- Automated Systems