Welcome to our school website.
This website is for general infomation about each course.
Students have the most current access to Ed. Tech, Computer Applications, STEM, PLTW, class information, reqiurements, assignments through the Google Classroom Website.
Students also have videos, requirements and learning information on the Google Classroom website.
The 8th grade Robotics students will have lessons, powerpoints, and videos for each unit.
The students are required to read the class resources and must communicate with their classmates and teacher to recieve participation points.
Grading for PLTW/STEM, Robotics, Educational Technology and Computer Application Courses will follow AUGS grading policy.
20% practice, 40% Formative and 40% Summative Assessment.
Please read the Antioch Upper Grade School handbook for the grading policy for more details. The assignments are posted for the PLTW class only on the Google Classroom website.
The class requirements and expectations are also located on the Antioch Upper Grade School websites provided by the district.
Degrees and Certifications:
Masters: MA in Teaching Masters: Education Leadership K-12 Grade Administrative Certificate Computer Applications, PLTW AR, ELA, and Science Endorsements. Bachelor's Degree : University of Wisconsin - Whitewater Master Degrees: Aurora University, Illinois
All students must have headphones or earbuds (3.5 mm round connector) (built in mic optional) to access the online courses and videos.
Students must read Google Classroom and click on the classwork to find the requirments for all assignments.
The daily assignments will be located on the stream section on Google Classroom.
All STEM/Ed. Tech students are required to do all of the assignments that are located on Google Classroom. The due dates are listed for each assignment.
Students must log on to the class website or Google Classroom site daily to read the announcements, classwork, keyboarding, typing lessons, and daily assignments.
All students will use www.typing.com for keyboarding and daily typing lessons. The student and teacher will keep track of daily progress.
Antioch Upper Grade School follows the PBIS Expectations. Click the link to learn more PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention and Support)
For the STEM/PLTW, Computer Applications, and Ed. Tech Encore Courses students are required to use the computer devices provided by District 34 this includes the Ipad and PLTW Laptops. Students are required to follow the school policy provided in the school handbook. Click this link to read the current handbook. Antioch Upper Grade Family Handbook
The students must all use the internet connection to Wi-Fi and have an external earbud/headphone for the online course. All students must have earbuds or headsets to watch and learn from the presentations and videos on Google Classroom. Each grade level has a supply list. Please click this link to read more about the supply list for the correct grade level. Supply Lists
All students must also have a notebook (spiral or digital) for this class to take daily journal notes for assignments.
The online class Google Classroom website will include the syllabus, expectations, rules, procedures and class requirements for the course.
The Google Classroom invitation will be sent to each student. The families that request an invitation must contact the teacher by email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the links to learn more about:
Encore Course Descriptions: Ed. Tech/Computer Applications/PLTW Robotics
Antioch Upper Grade School
(STEM Education) Science, Technology, Engeneering, Mathematics
6th Grade: EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY: DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP & APPLICATIONS
Students will explore different digital applications while focusing on the concepts of digital citizenship and safety with engaging and empowering activities on the computer. The knowledge shared will help students become more efficient, respectful and responsible users of technology. Students will also participate in daily keyboarding activities practicing accuracy and speed with an online account.
7th Grade: Computer Applications:
This course will develop multimedia skills by introducing them to a variety of digital tools. Students will learn about blogs, podcasts, and web design. The focus is on building visual literacy skills and applying those skills to digital presentations. Students will be developing an electronic portfolio along with creating projects with video production tools.
8th Grade: PLTW/Robotics:
Students trace the history, development, and influence of automation and robotics as they learn about mechanical systems, coding, energy transfer, machine automation, and computer control systems. Students use the VEX Robotics® platform to design, build, and program real-world objects. This is a course in the series of PLTW (Project Lead The Way) The class covers engineering concepts, coding, robotics and their use in the world, programming and hands on work. STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Internet Safety and Ethics
- Explore how to be safe on the internet, understand cyberbullying and its consequences
- Digital Citizenship, Respect the rights of copyright owners, Treat others with respect online
- Define and use computer related terminology
- Online free applications provided by the district through a student log in system
- Google Drive Applications for individual assignments, group projects, and communication
Word Processing/Website Design/Blogs
- Explain the purpose of a word processor
- Manipulate text (insert, delete, align, change fonts, style, size, color)
- Create, add and alter graphics
- Edit documents (thesaurus function and spell check)
- Change document layout (margin, page orientation, spacing, blank lines)
- Use a variety of graphic tools
- Compose a word processing document
- Identify the purpose and uses of presentation software
- Demonstrate understanding of the tools of software programs and their uses
- Demonstrate understanding of modification of background appearance
- Import and edit graphics (resize and move)
- Demonstrate understanding of text fields
- Add movies and sounds to projects
- Create a project and save it
- Present work to the class
- Learn how to gather and report information that contains or is related to a specific topic
- How to avoid plagiarism and how to put the sources in the appropriate format
- Develop and implement various sets of instructions
- Learn how to instruct a computer to do a certain task
- Automation and Robotics
- Engineering (STEM Careers)
- Mechanical Systems
- Design Process
- Automated Systems