Food for thought to make it through Remote Learning
- Printing off the plans for the day and crossing out activities as they are completed.
- Check our schedule and set a recurring timer on your child's iPad to ensure they are signing into live learning.
- List what your child can do on their own and what they may need help with. They can work on the things they can do and check them off once completed; when you have time between work-related "stuff," then you can assist with those items.
- Praise, praise, praise your child for their hard work and efforts. You should give yourself a pat on the back too!
- Offering little rewards per independent activity completed may be just the incentive your little one needs to get motivated. Maybe it’s something simple as a jelly bean for every five minutes they are on-task, a cookie once their pass a level, five minutes later being able to stay up, picking the show to watch after dinner…whatever it takes to get the job done. And guess what, you can work for incentives too! Trust me, it works for adults!