Tips for Successful Remote Learning
- Log on to Google Classroom every day. Make sure to attend LIVE classes. The link to the lessons will be posted.
- For independent work- Complete/watch the entire lesson BEFORE doing the assignment.
- Some indpendently paced lessons/flipped classroom lessons require students to watch a video in Slides. They need to click the arrow for "Present" mode in Slides for this to work. Watch this quick video that explains what to do! Click Here
Students can see their "graded" work on Google Classroom, and there is often feedback from their teacher in the comments.
For each lesson day, students should start by visiting Google Classroom and follow this routine:
- Make sure Google Classroom notifications are turned on.
- Check the "Stream" for announcements in each class. This shows important announcements and reminders.
- Check the "Upcoming" assignments box in each class. This shows what is due.
- Attend any live meetings on time.
- Check the "Classwork" tab to see your assignments in each class.
- Complete independent work for each class. Turn in work.
- Check graded work and make corrections if needed.
- Remember that you can reach out to your teachers on email to ask any questions that you might have. Teachers also have open office hours from 2:30-3:00 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday.
Troubleshooting the Student iPad
Here are some things to try if issues occur.