Information for Families
Illinois State Board of Education offers Mental Health Resources during the COVID-19 Crisis.
Social Emotional Support Resources:
- Second Step - On-Demand District Curriculum Lessons by Grade Level. Families can also create their own Second Step Account to access materials. There are a number of Second Step activities freely available online for children ages 5–13. Many of these are adaptable for remote learning or for families to do at home with their children.
- ParenTeen Connect - For families with older children, this resource provides an online experience they can share together. It’s loaded with videos, resources, and useful advice to help teens and the adults in their lives address hot-button topics.
- The Imagine Neighborhood - This new podcast for families is designed to help children and grown-ups practice their social-emotional skills. Each episode tells a story that’s amazing, fantastical, and maybe a little bananas, while it tackles the big feelings that come with growing up.
- Captain Compassion - Here, children can find games, comics, and activities they can do on their own, or with their families, to learn about how they can help stop bullying.
- Mind Yeti - Fifteen of our mindfulness program sessions are now available for anyone to use, no experience necessary! Designed for educators and families to do alongside children, or for older children to do on their own, Mind Yeti provides a great way for everyone to practice mindfulness during this difficult time.