Healthy Heart Course
HEALTHY HEART COURSE
2nd Grade: Will understand left side of heart is red (has oxygen) and right side is blue (no/low oxygen). Heart gets oxygen from lungs and gives oxygen to muscles.
- Students will color parts of heart blue and red.
- See how blood goes to and from lungs & muscles through heart.
3rd Grade: Will generally understand circulatory system.
- Draw heart on outline body, draw circulatory system to arms, legs, head with red and blue lines.
- Connect red lines to left side of heart and blue lines to right side of heart.
- Choose fill in blank questions for circulatory.
4th Grade: Will understand specific terminology of arteries/veins, aorta, oxygen/ carbon dioxide. Students will have general understand respiratory system.
- Complete the fill in blank questions of terminology.
- Answer and explain respiratory system.
5th Grade: Will understand terminology of atrium/ventricles,valves. Will
make connection on affects of exercise, sleep, smoking, nutrition on
heart. Know how cholesterol affects openings in arteries.
- Fill in blank questions for atrium/ventricles, valves and cholesterol.
- Name 4 healthy habits that help the heart.