At the beginning of the year the students were introduced and/or reviewed a program that has been implemented into the school called Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (PBIS). This program focuses on positive interventions that enhances academic and social behavior outcomes for all students. The students will be given the opportunity to earn warrior tickets when observed being responsible, respectful, and safe. They are given the chance to purchase items with those tickets from the Library store or classroom store. There will also be grade level raffles throughout the year that the students can participate in.
In the Classroom
- Follow directions and make good choices
- Participate in class activities
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself at all times
- Be kind, friendly, and helpful to others
- Be honest, respectful and listen
- Verbal Recognition
- Stickers/Warrior Tickets
- Certificates of Recognition
- Privileges/Free Time
- "The Look"
- Verbal Warning
- Shortened free time
- Parent contact and Think Sheet
- Referral to the office